Saturday, July 27, 2013

Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos

Another meal to double and freeze half of for later!

I found this recipe on the The Mexican Kitchen website. It happened to be MSPI safe with a few double checks of ingredients. Yay!

Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup water
1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix (I used Trader Joes Brand and only half a package)
1 (16 ounce) jars taco sauce  (I used Old Ortega - MSPI safe)
1 (7 ounce) cans diced green chilies (I used 1/2 a can to keep a toddler happy)
1 package taco shell ( 12) (There was a brand at Natural Grocer that was safe but check your ingredients list)
shredded lettuce
chopped tomato
shredded cheddar cheese  (I used a tiny sprinkle of Daiya for mine. The boys had regular cheese)
sour cream (omitted)

Directions


Place beef and onion in slow cooker. Combine water and seasoning mix in small bowl.
Pour over beef and onion.
Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until tender.
Shred beef with two forks.
Place beef in large bowl.
Stir in taco sauce and chiles.
Fill warmed taco shells with beef mixture.
Top with lettuce, tomato,cheese, and sour cream.

These were awesome and I really didn't have enough to freeze. Super fast and easy. I will be making them again in the next week or two to freeze for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment