Sunday, July 21, 2013

Classic Griddle Cakes

Two weeks in to the prenatal MSPI life. It is certainly easier when I am not tired to figure out what I can put in my mouth!

That being said, last night's meal was a flop. Do not make avocado egg rolls. Just saying.

I am going to use the last of the egg roll shells tonight to make something to freeze I think. Something with black beans. I just haven't decided what.

I did however make pancakes (or panpapes as my 2 year old calls them) for breakfast yesterday and they really were quite good.

These come from The Pancake Handbook. I have made many of the recipes in this book but I always come back to this one. Pancakes are my husbands favorite and so I have grown to love them too. They are the classic griddle cakes modified with Earth Balance Soy Free and rice milk. I was leery of rice milk in the beginning but it cooks into things with a much more "milk like" flavor.

Classic Griddle Cakes
Makes 24 small pancakes

2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
3 Tablespoons of sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powered
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs (beaten)
1/4 cup Earth Balance Soy free (melted)
1 1/2 cups rice milk

Mix dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Set aside. Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl. Combine all ingredients and stir until just moistened. Use 1/4 c measure to portion onto hot griddle. (I used sunflower oil on mine to keep them from sticking. I only needed it the first batch.)

They disappeared too quickly to take pictures of. Maybe next time. The boys ate theirs with maple syrup and I ate mine with honey and blueberries on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment