Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Halloween of 2020

 What a different year. 

The kids have been so good about everything. We got all excited about doing something new and fun for Halloween this year and they went right along with it! We opted out of trick or treating this year. I thought about it for a bit because I kept thinking, "it's outdoors, we could just stop at houses that have candy placed out" but in the end I decided that if our family got sick because of trick or treating, it just wouldn't be worth it. So... this was our day...

We started out the day by making mini pumpkin catapults! That was super fun and the kids had a good time flinging candy pumpkins around the dining room floor. 




Later in the day we took the pumpkins outside and carved them with Patrick. I did Jonah's, Patrick did Micah's and Emmett did his own this year! It was chilly scooping the glup out. 

Micah's Spider

Emmett's Mask-O-Lantern

Jonah's Bat

We watched the boys eat donuts off of a string without using their hands. I think that I had more fun than they did with this. I hadn't laughed so hard for months. 



After that we bobbed for apples. This was a first for all of us except Patrick. He had to show us how it was done. 






Later that evening Patrick hid candy and small toys in the yard and turned on the fog machine. The kids dressed in their costumes and had a great time searching for all the goodies. Emmett and Micah collected fog in their buckets and brought it over to us. 








We went inside for a warm dinner of three bean chili and semmels (our annual halloween meal). 

At the end of the day I asked Emmett (10) what he thought about the day and he said, "I got all the candy and I didn't have to walk that far." Ha. That's one way to look at it. 

Happy November everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment