Sunday, March 9, 2014

Peanut Butter


My Ninja and I have been fighting with almonds. Or maybe I have been fighting with the Ninja. I'm not really sure. All I know is that I am losing. Repeatedly. Almond butter and I are not friends at the moment but I will be having another go at it in the near future. I needed some nut butter success and so I took the boys to the bulk bins and bought some peanuts (for now) and almonds (for later). This is the most pitiful recipe post because there really is no recipe. It was that easy and oh, so
rewarding.

Homemade Peanut Butter

Ingredients
- 3 cups of roasted unsalted peanuts (or as many as you choose to use, I just poured what I had into my food processor)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or to taste)

Directions
-Pour peanuts into food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes scraping down the sides as needed.
-Add honey and salt once the butter consistency begins to form.
-Continue to process until creamy, approximately 3 more minutes or to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment