Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Week 12 - Thanksgiving~

Last week was Thanksgiving week! We (I) opted to take Thursday off (obviously) and just do a small amount of school work on Friday. 

As a side note, I get up between 5:45 and 6:00a every day to get a run in before all the people who need me wake up. I run in a variety of places but I prefer the beach loop near our house or the woods/trails a few miles away. It's a way for me to take a few deep breaths and watch the natural world wake up. It is my favorite time of the day. 



Norah was my little painting buddy this week. We both got out our watercolors and were all about the creative process. 




Jonah is still fascinated with helping me in the kitchen. He has also been working hard on DreamBox math, mostly with patterns. I see such an improvement in the way he thinks about them although they are definitely still tricky. Every now and then Micah or Emmett will step in to help him. It is so sweet. 


Jonah and Norah and I also walked through the story walk at our local library again. It is a great story called The Crayon Man: The True Story of the Invention of Crayola Crayons. The inventor, Edwin Binney is from Greenwich and happens to be buried in the church's cemetery.  The kids thought that was interesting. 




Micah is continuing to power through first grade math and is rocking his subtraction. He and his dad also read "The Emperor's New Clothes" and he retold the story. He made his last type of rock, sedimentary rock and next week we will talk about the rock cycle!




Emmett and I are tackling long division Common Core style. He's doing a great job and has such a smart brain. He also continues to build Lego buildings for his city and loves to come up with football plays for his brothers. 

On Thanksgiving, the kids and I all made coffee filter turkeys. They turned out really cute and unfortunately I didn't remember to take a picture but I have attached the link to the craft for anyone who is interested! They were super easy and fast with a little prep work. 

Coffee Filter Turkeys Link Here


During lunch, Micah came up with a bracket for his TeenyMates footballs guys. Dad stepped in to officiate. 


Before Thanksgiving dinner, Patrick went over to the Meetinghouse to set up some of the Christmas trees for the online worship services. That is what happens with the first Sunday in Advent falls on Thanksgiving weekend. Norah was an excellent project manager. 


Dad and Norah took a quick bike ride and then we had dinner. Norah had had enough fun for one day.  



On Saturday morning, the Christmas trees arrived on the truck. They were absolutely gorgeous and although we mostly stayed away from the sale due to covid, Patrick did work all day both days. Jonah picked out our tree this year and it's a beautiful tree. 




And with that I say farewell for this week and on to the reflection and excitement of the Advent season. 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment